Log In | Contact Us| View Cart (0)
Browse: Collections Digital Content Subjects Creators Record Groups

Pipkin’s Chapel Methodist Episcopal Church South (East Baton Rouge Parish, La.) | Centenary College of Louisiana | Archives and Special Collections

Name: Pipkin’s Chapel Methodist Episcopal Church South (East Baton Rouge Parish, La.)


Historical Note: Pipkin’s Chapel Methodist Episcopal Church South (East Baton Rouge Parish, La.) appears to have begun in the late 1850s.  It was located on the Old Bayou Sara Road near the communities of Port Hudson and Zachary, Louisiana.  Although in Louisiana, Pipkin’s Chapel, like most Methodist Episcopal Church South congregations in Louisiana’s Florida Parishes, was part of the Mississippi Conference until 1894.  In 1890, some members of the congregation formed the Zachary Methodist Episcopal Church South (Zachary, La.).  Pipkin’s Chapel closed in the late 1890s.
Sources: Virginia Lobdell Jennings, The Plains and the People (New Orleans, LA: Pelican Publishing Company, 1962), pages 120-125.





Page Generated in: 0.096 seconds (using 107 queries).
Using 5.63MB of memory. (Peak of 5.69MB.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.21 rev-1
Copyright ©2012 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign