Log In | Contact Us| View Cart (0)
Browse: Collections Digital Content Subjects Creators Record Groups

Belle Bower Methodist Episcopal Church South (Belle Bower, La.) | Centenary College of Louisiana | Archives and Special Collections

Name: Belle Bower Methodist Episcopal Church South (Belle Bower, La.)


Historical Note: The earliest references to Belle Bower Methodist Episcopal Church South (Belle Bower, La.) appear in the conference journal and newspapers published in 1867 by the Louisiana Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church South.  The original church building was located by the Belle Bower Cemetery on Speights Road.  In 1880, the church relocated to the nearby intersection of Louisiana Highways 764 and 3015.  By the mid-1920s, the Belle Bower congregation had stopped holding regular services, but continued to gather for an annual homecoming day at the church.





Page Generated in: 0.122 seconds (using 107 queries).
Using 5.63MB of memory. (Peak of 5.69MB.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.21 rev-1
Copyright ©2012 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign